1. Green Computing Consortium standard architecture
As a fully open industry, the computing industry needs to build a complete industry ecosystem that covers bottom-layer basic hardware, bottom-layer firmware, operating system, upper-layer application software, system integration, and integrated equipment to upper-layer system applications. Standardization is an important tool to continuously improve the computing industry ecosystem and develop the industry. It is an important foundation for the large-scale application of computing products. In 2020, a green computing technology standard architecture was developed, and core standards were developed for key links based on the architecture.
2. Green Computing Consortium Standards research and development
(1) System firmware standards: Technical Requirements for Basic Input and Output System (BIOS) of Green Computing Servers and Technical Requirements for System Management of Green Computing Servers will be completed and released by the end of 2020. The purpose of formulating the BIOS technical requirements for green computing servers is to unify the common requirements of the CPU, BIOS, OS, and device vendors of green computing servers so that the upstream and downstream of the industry have a "unified language" for interconnection and integration, thereby effectively improving the "unpacking consistency" experience and performance of green computing servers. Improve the compatibility and execution efficiency of green computing server systems; Develop the system management technical requirements for green computing servers. Improve the BMC function, improve the remote management and maintenance capability of the system, improve the maintenance efficiency, and be compatible with international standards to improve the competitiveness of green computing products. Based on the preceding technical specifications, the research on test methods and test tools, including test methods, test parameter configuration, and qualification determination, has been initiated and is planned to be completed in 2021.
By establishing the underlying software and hardware technical specifications and detection specifications for green computing servers, the alliance members can improve the "unpacking consistency" of server products and improve user experience. Unified detection capabilities of underlying software and hardware can provide detection services for quality control of green computing servers and provide technical support for large-scale application of green computing servers.
(2) Security and trustworthiness: Technical Requirements for Green Computing Server Security and Trustworthiness will be completed and released by the end of 2020. Develop the security and trustworthiness technical requirements for green computing servers to ensure the trustworthiness of server products and the trustworthiness of the R&D process, and promote the entry of general-purpose servers into industries that have high security and trustworthiness requirements. Servers are the core foundation for ICT infrastructure construction. The core assets of countries, enterprises, and people are carried on servers. The trustworthiness of servers directly affects the trustworthiness of ICT infrastructure. To reduce the risk of attacks on ICT infrastructure, Mitigation of potential trusted threats to servers becomes critical. The development of Green Computing Server Security and Trustworthiness Technical Requirements incorporates research achievements and practices in the field of security and trustworthiness in the industry, facilitates the resolution of trustworthiness issues in server products and R&D, and reduces the risk of attacks on ICT infrastructure.
(3) Research and formulation of evaluation standards for typical application scenarios
1. Hold the Third National Green Computing Innovation Competition for Colleges and Universities.
In order to promote the construction of an open and innovative ecosystem for China's information technology industry, accelerate the construction of an industrial ecosystem based on computing architectures such as Kunpeng and PK, and vigorously cultivate high-quality personnel in the information technology field with strong practical, innovative, and international competitiveness, the annual work plan is based on the The Alliance has successfully completed the 3rd National College Green Computing Innovation Competition (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest"). Organized by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and Hunan Zhijing Technology Co., Ltd., the competition is jointly guided by the National Association for Computer Education in Colleges and Universities, the China Computer Federation Software Engineering Professional Committee, the System Software Professional Committee of the China Computer Society, the China Open Source Software Promotion Alliance, and the Information Technology New Engineering Industry, Education and Research Alliance.
The scale of the 2020 competition is far ahead of the previous two. The competition lasted nearly four months and attracted more than 12,000 teachers and students from 507 colleges and universities across the country to sign up for the competition. The competition has set up four tracks around competence competition and open source innovation. Design competitions based on top open source projects and real-world application requirements from the industry. During the competition, more than 100,000 innovative programs were evaluated, more than 63,000 high-quality annotations were generated, more than 19,000 practical teaching cases were used, and more than 150,000 applications were highly recognized by technical experts.
The Green Computing Consortium Technical Committee, Talent Development Working Group, and Open Source Governance Working Group jointly set up the Competition Steering Committee. The Committee appointed Academician Wang Huaimin as the Committee Director and several well-known experts in China as members to provide guidance and technical support for the competition's positioning, expert recommendation, competition topic selection, and support platform.
The results of the competition were announced at the 19th National Conference on Software and Applications (NASAC2020) on November 22. 30 participants from universities, including Tsinghua University, Peking University, and Beihang University, won 8 groups of special prizes and 31 groups of first prizes. The Alliance will continue to promote the winning works and provide the winning students with job opportunities to join the Alliance's member organizations.
2. Joint talent development in the HPC field
Green Computing Consortium (GCC), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and China Institute of Electronic Technology Standardization cooperate in testing method research, standard formulation, test tool development, test environment construction, and talent cultivation in the high-performance computing (HPC) field, making joint efforts to integrate green computing, high-performance computing, and higher education. Build an ARM64 ecosystem in the high-performance computing field and support talent cultivation. The HPC test environment has been set up and the test tool High-Performance Linpack has been developed. Currently, HPL2.3 has gone live.
September 9, 2020 - September 10, 2020: The Alliance, together with Arm and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, connects Chinese Mainland, Taiwan, the United States, and India, and adheres to the principles of neutrality, openness, and international collaboration. Continuously update the global standard development, application, and test of hard core technologies such as servers, high-performance computing, edge computing, and cloud computing for data center infrastructure construction. Accelerate the deployment and implementation of new infrastructure infrastructures, and promote technical collaboration and industry implementation of computing infrastructures represented by data centers and intelligent computing centers.
Conduct exchange visits and exchanges with international organizations. Further exchanges and cooperation with international organizations such as UEFI Forum and Arm ServerAC, track and acquire advanced technology experience from global peers in a timely manner, submit alliance requirements and technical achievements for discussion, share them, and promote adoption, enhance the voice of Chinese enterprises, and promote global technology sharing and collaboration.